Saturday, January 26, 2008

Stop Calling Me!

I don't like you in that way!!

Someone told me the "Do Not Call" list expires, but I just checked on the Federal Trade Commission's Site and it doesn't.


I have been receiving, on average, two calls a day from automated machines telling me to vote for their candidate. Or from live people asking me to speak to the "man of the house who votes." Number 1: What, a woman who votes is not worthy? and Number 2: Why are you calling my cell phone??

Are political parties exempt?

I'd let them go to voice mail, but then, I have to call voice mail to delete them, so I just pick up and hang up. What a pain. I just "re-upped" our cell numbers, just in case.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, they are exempt.

Are calls from political organizations or calls soliciting for charities covered?
Political solicitations are not covered by the TSR at all, since they are not included in its definition of “telemarketing.” Charities are not covered by the requirements of the national registry. However, if a third-party telemarketer is calling on behalf of a charity, a consumer may ask not to receive any more calls from, or on behalf of, that specific charity. If a third-party telemarketer calls again on behalf of that charity, the telemarketer may be subject to a fine of up to $11,000.

Kaaren said...

Well Shoot!

Niki said...

TAG - you're it.
See my post of Monday Jan 28th