Tuesday, July 22, 2008

SCORE # 2 or How I (almost) won the Lotto!

Yesterday I wrote about what a Monday I had. Here's why.

Caller # 15 to local radio station will win $200 in Florida Lotto scratch off tickets.

Me: Dial, dial, dial.
Him: Hey, who's this?
Me: GET OUT!
Him: I have two questions for you. 1) are you over 18
Me: Yes
Him: 2) Have you won a prize from here in the past 30 days?
Me: Nooooo, holy cow!
Him: Congratulations Kaaren you just won $200 in Florida Lotto Tickets
Me: (if whisper-screaming were a sport, I'd win gold, baby.) OH MY GAWD! (I'm whispering all this) I CAN'T YELL! MY BOSS IS ON THE PHONE NEXT TO ME!

We continue funny banter about me possibly winning $250k & telling my boss 'good-bye' and such. He takes my info. and we hang up. I'm shaking and I call David. "TURN ON THE RADIO!!!" I tell him.

They play my winning recording (my boss listens in; he's off the phone now) and we're all high-fiving.

Today, we go during my lunch break to pick up my prize. Yes, David met me there, the dork. We go in, I fill out paperwork, and an employee hands me a nylon zippered bag. Huh? What's with the bag? We sit down in the lobby and open the bag. Inside, we have:

a FL Lottery T Shirt
a FL Lottery Hat
Sunglasses
a hand-held fan that when the blades spin, it spells out words (Isabel took THAT).
a hand-held weather/storm radio
an MP3 PLAYER!!!!
and 100 ea. $2 scratch off tickets!!




An MP3 player! A whatchamacallit - Shuffle. AND 100 $2 scratch off tickets!!!

We picked up lunch and took it back to work where we proceeded to scratch and scratch and scratch.

Total loot from tickets: $84 won and ten more free tickets won. *snort* GO ME!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How much fun is THAT? I never win anything like that. Keep us posted on your free tickets! 8)

Amy - thefoilhat.com

Kellis said...

Woo, Kaaren! That's so cool!! Even if you don't actually win the jackpot, how awesome. :) And you've already won $84... that's a nice dinner out! Yeah, baby!

Niki said...

YIPPEE!

Big Sis said...

Yeah you scared the hell out of me when you called me in the middle of the day.

You win a lot in radio contests, right? I think you won a trip once.

Kaaren said...

Hey B,

I have not won in over 3 years. I remember that I took Isabel when she was under 1 with me to pick up the prize (Universal Tickets). Vicky won the L.A. trip, though.

I used to win A LOT. (we weren't as busy at work then).

I won:

$200 cash

A Wake Board and boots (sold it to a co-worker for $200)

A car radio (sold it for $150 to the same co-worker)

Passes to Universal several times.

Passes to Busch Gardens several times.

Movie passes and dvds.

I won a weekend trip to Busch gardens, which included hotel for 2 nights and 4 two-day passes.

I won tickets to see Gewn Steffani's old band whose name I can't remember. Took Vicky with me to see them.

Won tickets to House of Blues, breakfast and music.

I'm sure there's more I am forgetting in the 13 years I've been back in FL.