Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Familia

Thursday we drove from Ohio to Michigan, picking up David's brother Kevin at the airport in Toledo along the way. It was time for the family reunion.

David's family on his mother's side have a reunion every two years. I've been to the 2000 and 2002 reunions. (2004 we had just has Isabel and 2006 we had to move into the new house in the same month).

We arrived Thursday afternoon and got into our rooms at Indian Lakes Nazarene Camp. Thursday evening was just a meet and greet at the Learning Center, but since Isabel fell asleep, I stayed in the room with her. reading a book.

Friday and Saturday were spent swimming at the "beach, riding a pontoon boat, playing indoor and outdoor games, having meals together and just having fun. It was a great place for a reunion.



Saturday night....Talent Show. Yep, we have a talent show! It's really fun. Unbeknowst to him, Jake was the opening act. He 'rawked' their socks off.





There were funny skits (David's mom had me laughing so hard, I could not hold the video camera straight), a gymnastics routine, a few singers, another piano player, a little show & tell, a magic show, a comedy routine, some audience participation and a funny finale that I wish I had taken a picture of.

Isabel sang a song!! I had printed up the lyrics and copied then for everyone because it's kind of hard to understand her. (It's a pdf file. Check out the lyrics. They're really hard!) I passed the lyrics out, sat next to her and she sang her song, completely from memory. Our video camera is not digital!! So I have no idea how to get the video on the computer. But everyone was amazed that she memorized the entire song.



David and his dad sang a funny song: "Sing a Song of Sixpence" as a kind-of opera. It was good.

MY talent? Mine had to be presented on Friday morning. I explained letterboxing and hid a box on the premises. I had carved 10 personal stamps for everyone at home, and let groups choose a stamp, grab a notebook, clues and head out for the hunt. The box is still there for anyone with clues to find.



Here I am, waiting for breakfast. Their breakfast spread was my favorite one of the day. The staff did a fantastic job.

You can check out more pictures here on Flickr.

We left Michigan for our journey back to Lookout Mountain on Sunday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This sounds like so much fun!

I enjoyed your Flicker pics as you know.......;)