Friday, July 11, 2008

Me - Paula Cole

I have a new song up on the blog. Over to the right below my books I put my "Favorite Song EVER....of the month."

I have not listened to "This Fire" by Paula Cole in forever. I LOVE this album.

"ME" used to be like my personal song back when I was in an extremely difficult relationship and was trying to figure out if I was strong enought to move on. I played it today driving home in the car and remembered how amazing a song it was and still is.

Here are the lyrics. Press play on the blog and listen to it while you read the lyrics.

I am not the person who is singing
I am the silent one inside
I am not the one who laughs at peoples jokes
I just pacify their egos
I am not my house, my car, my songs
They are only stops along my way
I am like winter
I'm a dark cold female
With a golden ring of wisdom in my cave

Chorus:
And it's me who is my enemy
Me who beats me up
Me who makes the monsters
Me who strips my confidence

I am carrying my voice
I am carrying my heart
I am carrying my rhythm
I am carrying my prayers
But you cant kill my spirit
It's soaring and it's strong
Like a mountain, I go on and on
But when my wings are folded
The brightly colored moth
Blends into the dirt into the ground

Chorus (above)

And it's me who's too weak
And it's me who's too shy
To ask for the thing I love
And it's me who's too weak
And it's me who's too shy
To ask for the thing I love
But I love (6 times)

I am walking on the bridge
I am over the water
And I'm scared as hell
But I know there's something better
Yes I know there's something
Yes I know, yes I know, yes I know
But I love (5 times overlapping chorus)

But its me
And its me
But its me (4 times)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sad but powerful song.......;)

Anonymous said...

I love it when you can find a song that really speaks to you. It doesn't happen to me all that often. Personally, I'm not a big Paula Cole song, but I'm so glad you found something to turn to during your difficult days! And I'm even happier that you navigated through them! :)