Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Spring Recital

Holy cow! School's over for our county in less than 2 weeks!

Jake had his Spring Recital last week Thursday. It was a crazy day. I left the office late....and had to stop & get gas. Drove home, picked up Jake & Iz and went right back out again; no dinner.

Here are some videos. The reason they are so cut up is that I kept having to chase Isabel and shush her, so I kept having to stop the recording. Twenty seven kids, 3 songs each. Do the math and then tell me how long Isabel lasted? Not so much.









These are 2 of the 3 songs he played. Isabel spent most of the evening with me, outside. Eventually, more and more parents came outside with their little ones, so Isabel had fun running around with 4 other kids around her age.

At one point, we went back in to sit down because Isabel was getting tired. She even said "Mommy, can I go to bed, please??" We did not get home until after 9;45 p.m. I thought she'd go straight to bed but then she asked "Can I have some eggs?" I forgot that we had not eaten dinner. Eggs made for her and a call-in to the local Italian eatery later, Jake & I are eating pasta at 10:30 p.m. Nice.

Anyway, he did great. He was the 8th student up. The teacher told us parents and guests to not clap after each song because it would take too long (27 kids x 3 songs each). We were to wait until after the 3rd song. When he finished his first song, Arabesque, everyone clapped anyway.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, 3 songs each??? No wonder the poor kiddies couldn't sit still. I think it's awesome Jake got applause after his 1st song. Woohoo, go Jake!

Anonymous said...

Great Job Jake!