Sunday, March 4, 2012

February Reads

  • Inheritance by Christopher Paolini
  • Mr. Darcy's Diary - Amanda Grange
  • The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner - Stephenie Meyer
  • Fool Moon - Jim Butcher (Dresden Files, Book 2)
  • Four to Score - Janet Evanovich (Stephenie Plum Series, Book 4)

Reading Paolini's 4th book in the saga was like coming home to an old friend.  I appreciate that he puts little recaps (or as I like to call them, the "Previously on The Inheritance Cycle" deal) in the front of his books to refresh my (Swiss-Cheese) memory.  It was like an old friend, his writing.  The book was very good but left me sad and really wanting more.  I do hope Paolini visits Alagaesia in the future.  This 800+ page hard cover book put a dent in my time for February reads.

Ms. Grange's "Diary" was a quick one-day read to keep my Austen-Love going.  Not as good as the "Fitzwilliam Darcy, Gentleman" series I read , but still cute enough.

Stephenie Meyer's companion/novella to book 3 of her Twilight series was a quick fun read.  It deals with a character we meed for a few pages only in the end of the battle scene in "Eclipse."  We get to see "life" from Bree's perspective for a few days.

I read Butcher's second Dresden book, "Fool Moon."  I enjoyed the book but was very confused by all the different kinds of "werewolves" in his lore. I kept having to go back and see what each name meant over and over.  I've ordered book 3.  I like Harry and want to know more about what almost got him killed by the White Council.

Evanovich's "Stephanie Plum" is as crazy as ever.  Add a non-gay transvestite, Sally Sweet (he's in it for the money) who can solve puzzles to the crazy cast that includes a gun-toting granny, a gun-toting ex-hooker-turned clerk 200 lb Lula, and gun-toting Stephanie, and you wonder....does everyone in Jersey tote a gun? Apparently so.  Funny, trashy, quick read.

No comments: