Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend

The lovely guests of the Magnus-Inn arrived on Friday night. We had steak on the grill and lots of yummy sides, including this Victorian Raspberry Torte which was YUMMO!!





Saturday morning, we got up bright and early, as our guests, Aunt Ramona and Uncle Russ, had to change their plans and take care of some things. I made scrambled eggs, bacon, toast, hash browns, with coffee and OJ. Yum. They left around 9:30 a.m.




At around 4 p.m, my friend Mo came over and were were off...to WICKED!! Woo Hoo! David gave up his seat to Jacob. His reasons were two-fold. 1) So Jake could experience a professional Broadway-style show and 2) so he and Isabel could go shopping for Mother's Day (lol, men!)








The play, of course, was again fantastic. We had a great time, even with the crazy noise-making section in the first half. Over our shoulders and to our left we kept hearing people talking and laughing and being rude. Then at one point when a goat-man on stage says "Baaahhhh," someone in that group also yells out "Baaaahhh!" Everyone SHUSHED them. I seriously thought that maybe we were dealing with mentally challenged people at a play. I was ok with that, until that is, intermission, when the lights come up and an usher comes forward to talk to the group. The group...of 3-4 redneck, (possibly) drunk women. Yea. Nice. People, this is not a pep rally, this is not a monster truck rally, and there is no audience participation. This is a PLAY. After the usher's rebuke, not a peep was heard from the boiled peanut gallery.


Sunday was LAZY DAY. I tried calling my mom several times in the a.m. but could not get a line.
"All circuits are busy now. Please try your call again later." I finally reached her around 1:30 p.m.

Isabel was all a-twitter about bringing me my flowers and cards to bed.

Here are my sweet cards.

Remember that "shopping" David was going to do with Isabel? BEHOLD....my gift cards.

Bwa ha ha. SO funny. We did go to Books-A-Million after my Mother's Day dinner at the Mellow Mushroom. I picked up a couple of books, but still have plenty of "gift card money" left.

My mom sent me some $$ as well. I used it to purchase the centerpiece seen below.

I hope you all took care of your mom like I was taken care of. :)

1 comment:

Kellis said...

I love your "gift" cards. Classic!!