Monday, March 3, 2008

The Warden

I finished "The Warden" by Anthony Trollope, published in 1855. It was a small book given to my by my Mother-In-law.

If you give me a book, I HAVE to read it. I HAVE to. Even if I don't want to. I HAVE to. Fatal flaw.

His writing was funny. He had many "asides" aimed at the reader that I found humorous. But the book itself was o.k. I wasn't compelled by the characters. I found our Warden a bit spineless and just "meh." I finished it because it was quick. I read that Mr. Trollope was apparently loved by a lot of people. MAYbe I'll give his follow-up novel to this one (there are 5 in this series) a try.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm the same way with books that are given to me. Tim's mom is always giving me books to read. I'm not so keen on her taste in books, but I read every single one! At least this one was quick. :)