Sunday, September 2, 2012

Books I Read; July and August

I'm behind on my lists, but let me tell ya, 2012 is a SLLLLOOOOW reading year for me.  Horrible.

Let's see July:

"Death Masks"  (Dresden Files series book 5) by Jim Butcher
"The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Real" (Yada Yada book 3) by Neta Jackson.
"Peaches" by Jodi Lynn Anderson
"The Wednesday Letters" by Jason F. Wright

And in August:

"The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Tough," (Yada Yada book 4) by Neta Jackson
"The Queen of Attolia," (The Queen's Thief book 2) by Megan Whalen Turner
"Saving Cee Cee Honeycutt," by Beth Hoffman
"Blood Rites,"   (Dresden Files series book 6) by Jim Butcher
"Spooky Little Girl," by Laurie Notaro


Still plugging along with both the sci-fi Wizard Harry Dresden's series and the Yada Yada prayer group series.  I read one from each series each month.

I picked up with book two of an OLD series I started and then forgot about, The Queen's Thief series.  I read book one back in  February of 2011 and then did not get book 2 through Paperback Swap until over a year and a half later.  Not many copies are circulating through the paperback swap system and I'd forgotten about the series.  Ms. Whalen Turner does great work.  My only complaint is that there are NO maps in her books.  She's created an entirely mythical universe with kingdoms and land masses, and includes NO maps.

Laurie Notaro is an old favorite.  She started writing witty personal stories and I read them back in 2007.  She then set out to write fiction work.  I read her first book, "There's a (Slight) Chance I might be Going to Hell" in 2007 and just now got around to her next book, "Spooky Little Girl."  I enjoy her sarcastic writing style.  This is a story about ghost school and finding your true self, in the afterlife.  Good fun.





2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just finished the Uglies Series and had to come back and visit you. Loved 'em. Although I thought 1 and 2 were the most capitvating.

Kellis said...

Shoot, this is Kellis btw!!