Monday, April 9, 2012

March Reads

March was another slow month.  Chaucer's "Canterbury Tales" kicked my patoot and slowed me down.  That, plus travel and a birthday cake to make, and I was down for my count.


  • "Rise of the Evening Star" (Fablehaven book 2) by Brandon Mull
  • "The Fourth Bear" by Jasper Fforde
  • "The Canterbury Tales" by Geoffrey Chaucer*
That's IT.   That is one BAD month.

The second Fablehaven book is a Young Adult selection following a couple of young siblings who find out their grandparents run a sanctuary for fairies, imps, trolls, etc. and how they have to protect it from the evil trying to attack it.

"The Fourth Bear" is the second in the Nursery Crimes series and again, another hoot by Fforde.  The man is great fun.  Literary nuts, go read him!

Lastly, "The Canterbury Tales."  I read this in college.  In middle English.  It was really a fun class.  I read it translated into modern English and still had a hard time reading it fast enough.

No comments: