Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Song About You

Have you ever been described in terms of a song?

I was driving down the road and "Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls came on. It made me smile.

Once-upon-a-time, a sweet man played this song off his CD. I began to explain that it was from the movie "City of Angels" and described its context in that move. The sweet man looked at me curiously and then surprised me by telling me that he didn't even know about the movie. That "Iris" made him think of me and how he felt for me.

And I'd give up forever to touch you
Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't want to go home right now


And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breathe is your life
Cause sooner or later it's over
I just don't want to miss you tonight

Alas, the timing and circumstances were wrong, but I still think of him and smile each and every time the song plays.

Another time, a group of "the gals" were going out to Pleasure Island, or Karaoke, or something like that. We were a large group; 8-10 of us. Some were closer than others. As we're all driving in someone's SUV, one of the girls, not even a close friend, more like a party pal, hears Crazy Town's "Butterfly" and says "This song always makes me think of you, Kaaren!" I said "Really, why?" and she replies "Because you're so cool. You're exotic and unique." (I was fierce back in the day, shaddup you! I was a divorced, single mom, struggling to create an identity other than "so-and-so's wife" and this made my day.)

Come my lady
Come come my lady
you're my butterfly
Sugar.baby
come my lady you're my
pretty baby I'll make your legs shake
you make me go crazy

Butterflies in her eyes and looks to kill
Time is passing I'm asking could this be real
Cause I can't sleep I can't hold still
The only thing I really know is she got sex appeal

My lifestyle's wild I was living like a wild child
Trapped on a short leash paroled the police files
So yo. what' s happening now?
I see the sun breaking down into dark clouds
and a vision of you standing out in a crowd.


These songs always make me smile.

Is there a song out there, not that describes how you feel about you, but that someone has said makes them think of you?

2 comments:

Kellis said...

I love butterfly by crazytown!!

Niki said...

"There's No One like You" by the Scorpions.