Wednesday, June 3, 2009

What's in Your Reading Pile?


This was the pile of books on my dresser on May 23rd. I have since finished "Pride and Prejudice" and just today finished with "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies." Ken Follett's "World without End" is not in this picture. I am tackling that monster as well (over 1000 pages). I also have "The Shack" by Wm. Paul Young, which arrived to me via Paperbackswap.com two days ago.

Someone once asked "How can you read more than one book at a time?" and I had no answer, other than "I just can." Then I read on Atlas Quest a discussion of the same nature, where someone replied (paraphrased) "Can you watch more than one tv series and remember the plot points, cast, etc.? Of course you can. So why is it any different with books?" I like that answer and will be plagarizing it every chance I get.

This above pile does not include the Classics that I get from the library. I tend to read 2 or 3 contemporary works, then go get a classic from my list. It also does not include the drawer of random books that I have been given that I have not even attempted to tackle.




What's in your pile?

1 comment:

Niki said...

My pile is much too extensive to list especially since i almost never read what is in the pile, but get stuff from the library instead.
I have only read 2 of the books in your pile.