Tuesday, August 12, 2008

"Oh Crap" and other things

Back in the saddle. I lost two pounds this past week, bringing my 2 & 1/2 month total to 23 pounds. Hurrah!

Sunday we were sitting in the family room watching the Olympics. Men's basketball. Isabel decides she's going to make free throws...with a blanket she's balled up. She takes turns throwing it at my and Jacob's faces. At one point, Jake short-throws it back to her and it lands on the floor by her feet. She leans over and as she picks it up she says "Oh, crap!"

How can I, as a parent, actually keep a straight face? I was howling. Then I try to be all stern and say "No Isabel, you can't say that!" She totally got that from Jake. When I told him he had to stop saying it, he whined "Awee, it's the only curse word you'll let me say!"

No comments: