Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I Choose Me!

Somebody recently asked me "If you could trade places with anyone you know, who would it be and why?"

I thought. I pondered. I then said "I choose me!"

I don't really want to be a famous singer/actor/dancer, etc. and I don't know any famous people. In looking around at friends, great friends, and family, crazy-great family, I still choose me.

I like me. I'm not being stuck-up, and if I come off that way, I apologize. I am NOT being self-aggrandizing. I am not perfect. I need to lose weight, gain more patience, be a little bolder. I have hurt other's feelings and have not been forgiven. Although my apology was accepted, and I was at fault, it has really not been forgotten, and the loss of the friendship makes me sad.

I'm not perfect.

Yet, in the grand scheme of things, I would want to be my friend. I would! I am loyal, kind, caring, intelligent. I have fantastic children, a husband who I love and loves me back, neat-freakness and all, a good job, a lovely home.

I am a book nerding, sci-fi geeking, crafty chic-ing, cool cake baking & decorating gal.

So again, to the person who asked: I Choose Me!

2 comments:

Liz Henderson (Hendel D'bu) said...

You are great! I love this post - I'd choose you, too.

Oh wait...after I choose me, that is! lol! :-)

Niki said...

It's nice to hear from someone who has a positive self-image.
You go!