Saturday, December 4, 2010

Buffy Season 8; The Who Whating How With Huh?

I really am not cut out for comic book reading. I must be doing something wrong. No, really. I truly believe it is me.

Season 8 has been up and down for me. A lot of times, I've had no clue why things are happening, or if they were even relevant. This entire Twilight arc has been bizarre for me. Angel is Twilight. Huh? Why? I don't get it.

I just read # 39 tonight. If you've read it, you know why I say that I REALLY don't get it. Yea, pathos. Pain. How could you, yada yada.


What the heck? What the heck is Twilight? Why is he/it also the ...thing...created in this new universe of Buffy and Angel's creation? How can he/it be the thing in the new universe and also have been here before, leading Angel on? What was the point of Angel fighting the Slayers? To get the seed? Um, just go get it. Or was that not the point of Twilight? I can't remember. Please help explain.

And really? Bangel create a new 'verse by copulating?

Please, someone explain. Seriously. It's me. I am apparently comic-stupid. I can dissect novels until the cows come home, and then I can dissect the cows, but comics? My head is going to implode, but not until I re-read the entire series again (for a third time.)

Photobucket

No comments: