Saturday, April 3, 2010

Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters

Photobucket

Yea. I read it. I read "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" because I am an Austen fan and wanted to see what the hubub was about. I had fun reading that book, so when I saw this one at Target, I swiftly scooped it up.

Yea.

Um.

Setting everything near water was a stretch. Having their home as the sole home on a deserted island was ridiculous; travel by boat all the time? All they ate was seafood? Sir John abducted his wife and mother-in-law by force off an island? *sigh* I didn't find it funny. I wanted funny. I mainly rolled my eyes a lot. The added Margaret storyline, the five-point cross thing, the entire CITY UNDER WATER? Why? Why underwater? Why not, you know, move inland, away from the sea monsters? Yea, Yea, it would not make sense if they were inland, but really. The fact that they all live on the shore, on islands, under water really means they are all very very stupid.

Also, they messed with Colonel Brandon and made him gross. Ew. Paperback swap, here we come.

No comments: