Friday, January 1, 2010

2010

Welcome 2010!

Here are a few things I would like to NOT see anymore in 2010:

The use of the word (and I use "word" loosely) "Chillax", "Chillaxin" or any permutation therein. Stop it. It is stupid and you're an adult already.

Speaking of adults: People in their mid-30's through 40's etc. acting like they are 18. Please. Stop. It is embarrassing. No, really. I don't mind being young at heart. Just imagine your own mother doing what you are doing, posting, describing. It is no longer cute that you're "soooo wasted."

Texting & driving. We almost got hit tonight by another moron texting and driving, swerving into our lane.

Twitter.

The Gosselins. The Kardashians. OK, all of reality tv following stupid people, please.

Swine Flu.

Stimulus plans that don't work.

Sports stars who end up being no better than we are, but are grossly overpaid. Ask a teacher what he makes, and he's shaping the minds of our children!

Politics being about popularity. To quote "Wicked:"
Celebrated heads of state, Or specially great communicators! Did they have
brains or knowledge? Don't make me laugh! They were POPULAR! Please! It's all about popular. It's not about aptitude, It's the way you're viewed

The extra weight I gained in 2009. :)

House values going down.

E-readers. Let me touch, let me smell the book, thank-you-very-much.

Oversharing on social networks. TMI.

The erosion of our language & grammar. (Look it up; I'll wait.)

Ok, Ok, a little less snarkiness from me. :)

A year without a JK Rowling book. I'm still not over it.


3 comments:

Liz Henderson (Hendel D'bu) said...

Less snarkiness?? May it never be! Come on, that was on my list of favorites from 2009! lol!

No Twitter, eh? I agree, even though I have an account...can't see much value there, to be honest.

Love the list, my friend! Happy New Year to you and your family :-)

Ari C'rona said...

Great list! Have a great New Year! :o)

Niki said...

I couldn't agree more.
Less stupid self-centeredness,
more joy and goodwill, i say.