Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Brisingr

Brisingr Pictures, Images and Photos

The third in the "Inheritance" trilogy-that-became-a-four-parter, Christopher Paolini's 'Brisingr' to me was much more enjoyable than 'Eldest.' I won't bother you with the details. It's the third one, so there's too much background to cover. Elves, dragons, shades, dragon riders, goblins, humans, oh my!

Paolini's writing is getting, in my humble opinion, so much better. Starting out at age 15 with his first book, "Eragon," is an amazing feat. As he grows older, I feel his story-telling is growing too.

It's just so unfortunate that the movie for the first book, "Eragon," was so poorly done. I was so excited about the movie, and then was completely disappointed. When I saw Arya was not even an elf, I knew it was bad news. And as much as I adore John Malkovich, he was just...being John Malkovich. Everyone else in the movie has an accent, except him. He just phoned it in. So disappointing, that movie. Thus, I assume there will be no more "Inheritance" movies. A shame, but at least we've got the books.

1 comment:

Ari C'rona said...

Jacob likes those books - not sure if he's read them all yet. I'll have to ask him! :o)