Saturday, September 6, 2014

Savannah-Bound: Jekyll Island

So as I mentioned in my last post, we took a very last-minute vacation when we figured out David had Saturday through Monday off.  David mentioned Savannah, Georgia, which is only 4 hours away and I said Yes!   David's boss offered him a Monday shift (Labor Day) and after discussing it, we agreed that we needed the cash and cut the vacation short by one day.

I used points I accumulated from all my travel with work to Panama, Atlanta and Charlotte.  We left Saturday morning and drove north. We decided, since check-in was 4 p.m., to spend the day exploring Georgia.

First up: Jekyll Island.  So cool.














This sucker was HUGE!!







Jekyll Island Island Hotel




Goodbye Jekyll Island


The bridge to St. Simons Island, our next stop.


No comments: