Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Buffy Makes EW's list at # 3? Where was *I*?

This Sunday, while straightening magazines at the library bookstore where I volunteer, I came across the June copy of "Entertainment Weekly" and see Buffy on the front cover. The magazine's headline is "The 100 Greatest Characters of the Last 20 years."

Wow, Buffy is one of them? Cool, let me look.

# 1. Homer Simpson. Ha ha. OK, I agree he's an icon.

#2. Harry Potter. Absolutely. My Harry Potter fandom is just slightly less than my Whedonverse one.

#3. Buffy the Vampire Slayer. *crickets chirp*

What? Where have I BEEN? What happened? Why was I out of the know? The only thing I can think of is that usually, although the magazine says June, they probably come out a month or so early; in late April/early May, when I was dealing with Jake's surgery and the unpleasant aftermath.

Man, I feel so left out.

(Side note: Isn't it SAD that the news is only like 2 or 3 months old and it's ANCIENT news now? Ah, we of the short attention spans.)

No comments: