Sunday, May 16, 2010

Numfar, do the dance of shame!

I'm in a LTC (Letterbox Trading Card) ring called "Whedenverse Clue;" 8 suspects, 8 locations, 8 weapons. It'll be a whodunnit a-la-Whedon.

We got to pick ONE of the three items; twenty four participants. We each make 24 ea. 2.5 x 3.5" trading cards using a handcarved image having to do with the suspect, location or weapon we chose. We send all 24 to the ring leader, she sorts them and then mails them back out, so we each get one of each of the 24 cards made by everyone. There are some seriously great carvers in this ring! I am so excited to see what they've come up with.

If you are in this ring with me, this is your SPOILER ALERT!!

Here are the ones posted so far:


Locale: The Bronze
Locale: Coin Wash Laundromat
Locale: The Seal of Danthalzar
Location: Serenity Valley
Locale: Sunnydale Cemetery
Suspect: Dr. Horrible/Evil League
Suspect: Drusilla
Suspect: Echo
Suspect: Giles
Suspect Illyria
Ssuspect: Inara
Suspect: Jayne
Suspect: Numfar of the Deathwok Clan
Weapon: Echo's Stiletto
Weapon: Freeze Ray
Weapon: Inara's "Incense"
Weapon: Stake
Weapon: Steak Knife
Weapon: SWORD of ANGELUS
Weapon: Vera

We're still missing a few to be posted. I chose Numfar of the Deathwok Clan. Why? Because the character was ridiculously funny and, oh yea, played by Joss himself.

They take a bit of time. I have to hand-color each time I stamp Numfar on green paper, then cut him out and mount him on the card. I've done 14 of 24 so far.


Here's my card next to the stamp I carved. There's a little smutz on it, not sure what it is.






Numfar's "dancing" off the card via some sticky dots.






(Image found using Google Images from Customer Service Comics. Thanks!)

I can't WAIT for the game to begin!!

Update 07/10: The game has been played! Click here to see: The Suspects, The Locations and The Weapons.