Monday, December 8, 2008

No One Here Gets Out Alive

no one here gets out alive ya'll Pictures, Images and Photos

This book is part of an on-line Postal Letterboxing Book Club I am in. It's the biography of Jim Morrison of The Doors.

Man. Had. Issues. Issues, ghosts, demons, something. I'm trying to wrap my head around him and can't. I wasn't part of that generation. I don't understand the sex, drugs and rock & roll mentality.

Maybe by today's standards we'd call him bi-polar? Did we have such a word back in the 60's? He was up, he was down, he was sideways. He treated everyone so poorly so many times, especially the women in his life. Again, not understanding the times, I don't get how the women in his life put up with it. He was an alcoholic. He was a drug addict. Mostly, an alcoholic though.

He was gifted with his music, lyrics and poetry, but he battled demons that no one will ever understand.

No comments: