Sunday, July 8, 2012

June 2012 Reads


  • "Hot Six" by Janet Evanovich (book 6 of the Stephanie Plum series.)
  • "Summer Knight" by Jim Butcher (book 4 of The Dresden Files series.)
  • "Les Miserables"* by Victor Hugo
  • "Seven Up" by Janet Evanovich   (book 7 of the Stephanie Plum series.)
Wow, what a bad month for books.  What was I doing in June?  I was a slow reader in June I suppose.    

The Stephanie Plum series STILL keeps me laughing.  Man!  Are people in Jersey really like this?!?!?

I'm plugging along with the Dresden files series and have started watching the ill-fated series.  I'll post a Sci-Fi Palooza post on that one.  The book was full of fairies fighting and background politic craziness that has Harry going crazy.  It was a good book; verse tense and exciting.

"Les Miserable" by Mr. Hugo.  Poor Jean Valjean.  His conscious would not let him let an innocent man go to prison, and thus continuous problem after problem.  I liked Mr. Valjean; his life changed forever by the kindness of a random Bishop.  Oh, it's too long to go into.  It's a wonderful book about sin and betrayals, misconceptions, freedom and love, penance and forgiveness.  You should check it out.  


*Classics list

No comments: