Saturday, June 9, 2012

Graduation Night 2012

We had a flurry of excitement.  Jacob's graduation was a great weekend.

Friday night June 1 was graduation at the Ocean Center in Daytona Beach.  David's family came down just for this occasion from Tennessee.  David's mom and dad, David's brother Kevin with his wife Heather and their 2 daughters, David's youngest brother Kevin, and also Juliette, one of the daughters of David's sister, who could not attend.  Grandma and Grandpa (my in-laws) brought Juliette with them so Isabel could have a cousin to hang out with.


Dressed up!

Niki, you'll be so proud of me!  I did my own hair, following a YouTube tutorial!  It looked so nice.  There's a braid coming from the side of my head, wrapping around the bun.  Very cute!


Before graduation, we decided to head to Chili's.  Yikes.  It was packed.  


(She's going to kill me.)  My mother-in-law Tricia.

*sigh* David's youngest brother Justin

David's other brother Kevin.


David's dad, Jim.

The graduate (who did not shave, which killed David.)

We had to leave the restaurant early to get Jacob there on time.  Graduates had to be there 1/2 hour early.  We were late but it did not matter; so was everyone else.  The in-laws stayed behind to finish their meals.



We sat far back, but we could see everything.

The graduates file in.

The following video is of the opening presentation of the flag and the National Anthem.  Jacob sang in it.  I had to pause the video at one point, but I can't remember why, so you'll hear the Anthem cut out a sec.




Next up we have Jacob across the stage.  I yell so you can't hear what they are saying: "Jacob Taylor F., Cum Laude.  Superintendent's Diploma of Distinction Candidate."  Following this is the closing ceremony.





Finding him afterwards was a mess, but we ended up meeting up with him.













Jacob with Academic Team friends. 



Jacob with fellow Drama Troupe member.

Jacob with fellow choir member.
(Again, just because I love this shot)




We headed home to relax before the Saturday PAR-TAY!






2 comments:

Big sis said...

Just because I love that shot.
Who is the HOT babe?

Niki said...

I just can't believe he is that old.
You look great BTW.