Friday, January 21, 2011

There's this thing with our calendar....

Once upon a time, we had this awesome "Lord of the Rings" calendar.  I loved it.  It has Legolas and Aragorn. *sigh*  When the year was up, I was reluctant to give up my Viggo.  I was so reluctant, in fact, that I cut Viggo/Aragorn out and hid him in the pages of the next year's calendar.  When David finally noticed it, he laughed so hard.  This was back in the old house, so it started over 6 years ago.

It has been a tradition ever since.  I've hidden Aragorn in the current year's calendar and don't even mention what month, until we flip to it and someone finally notices.  It usually gets a laugh.  




2007's Calendar: Aragorn frolicking in the fountain. 


2008's Calendar: This was a Johannes Vermeer calendar.  Aragorn peeked in from a painting on the wall. 




2009's Calendar: This is some bird one David picked.  Find Aragorn.

2010's Calendar: A Nightmare Before Christmas.

2011's Calendar.

This year, Aragorn is peeking from behind a fence.  The lady in the picture states "It sure is hot all of a sudden."  Oh, how appropriate, ma'am.  How appropriate.  The gang won't see it until July.  Shhh!  Don't tell.

3 comments:

Kristin aka Trekkie Gal said...

That's hilarious! Now I wish I had kept some of the pictures in my old calendars. :)

Liz Henderson (Hendel D'bu) said...

oh yeah - that is hilarious!! :-D

Niki in Baltimore said...

Fantastico, my friend!