Saturday, February 19, 2011

Sci-Fi Hoedown: Sanctuary Season 2

After watching Season 1 of "Sanctuary," I moved on to Season 2.  Season 1 was a cliffhanger (aren't they all?) so we're catching up on what's going on with Magnus' daughter Ashley.

DO NOT KEEP READING IF YOU INTEND TO WATCH THIS.  THIS IS YOUR SPOILER ALERT

Click the "read more" link below this picture.

Sanctuary Season 2

 So, what happened? Why did they decide to get rid of the Ashley character?  I don't read "the boards" so I really have no idea.   I don't know if it was the actress' choice or not, but out went Helen's daughter.  It was a sad thing to see Helen so torn up and the first 3 episodes deal with the struggle and the loss.

Then there's Kate Freelander, the dark-haired chipee above.  Who is a pain...in...the..arse.  She is annoying, sarcastic, has a chip on her shoulder, she's crass.  Yuck.  Funny thing, on this I searched the forums.  Yup, everyone pretty much hates her too.   Apparently the writers wrote her that way.  WHY?

Tesla is back and is a scream!  He has such an odd face, that actor, but he's just adorable and I love that character who rides the line between good and evil so well.

Michael Shanks is in an episode! MI..CHAEL...SHANKS, ladies!!  To that, I saw "Rawwrr."  Sadly, that character won't be recurring.  *GrumbleGrumble*

There's a fun episode with a portly superhero in a living suit, a post-apocalyptic time travel episode, being stuck in an oil rig, being accused of murder, etc. There's no real thread; the Cabal's gone.  We just have "Monster-of-the-week" episodes throughout, except for the fact that Magnus lied about getting rid of a gigantic abnormal, nicknamed Big Bertha.  We find this out in episode 7 and it finally makes its way back to haunt her in the last two episodes;  Kali pt. 1 and 2.  It was great seeing the talented Callum Blue in these two episodes.  I've been a fan of his since "Dead Like Me."

Ahhh, the last two episodes...to which I have to say: What?

Two words: Bollywood Dancing.

Photobucket



For reals.

Enough said.

OK maybe not enough.  Really?  Really?  Dancing?  For the goddess!?  Dancing?  I pretty much laughed my butt off at that scene and the credibility of the two episodes went down the drain in those few minutes.

It's still a fun show (notwithstanding the Freelander character).  I'm still crushing on Henry, who finds out more about himself and how to control his inner monster, I still love the Big Guy, I love the Tesla character, and I don't notice the bad accent Amanda Tapping does anymore.

1 comment:

Niki said...

I'm thinking her accent must have gotten better cause it didn't bother me as much in Season 2 either.
I love, loved the dance number, but i admit to having problems. :-)