Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Life is Too Short...

....to deal with toxic people. It really is.

Nowhere does it say that just because a person requests you as a friend on Facebook or Myspace, you have to accept it. Nowhere. Afraid to hurt their feeling? Don't be. I have had random people who are distant relatives of my husband ask me. I am sorry. My husband does not know you and you're related. Why would I accept the request?

My friend's ex-husband?? Uh, no. NOT helping you spy on my friend. Declined.

Want to know the worst case? When you accept the request out of some familial responsibility or what-not, and they turn out to be toxic. Really, WHY ON THIS GREEN EARTH do I want to be a friend with someone who always has a snide comment about the things I post of importance to me? I don't find it funny. I'd poke fun, but really I find it all rather sad and pathetic of someone that age.

Or why do you believe anyone wants to see the chauvinistic pictures of women taken and posted?

Is it all because we're distantly related? I don't know you from Adam. (except Adam T. I know Adam T. *Waves at Adam T*)

DELETE.

Ahhhhh.

Whether it's "Remove Connection," "Delete" or "Ignore Member," life is way too short to deal with toxic people.

Maybe it's time for a detox session of your own?

4 comments:

Liz Henderson (Hendel D'bu) said...

Yes, I've recently enjoyed blocking some...how refreshing.

Ari C'rona said...

I couldn't agree with you more... :o)

Anna said...

There's a new word today, I just heard 'un-friend'. I like it ;)

Big Sis said...

That person has no clue how horrible it is.....;)